Poems
She thought telling me once
was enough. I love you is
a hard thing to say but the law
requires it. Penalties can be
severe, if anyone cares.
We’ll take a poll and find out!
But hello is hard too, when I've
slept badly, wrestling with babies
who are dextrous and devilish.
They must have come right out of
church, those pious bastards.
Way too cynical for me, and yet
dedicated. So, if she ever
tells me she loves me again,
then I’ll believe her.
~~~~~~~~~~
Twisting straight enough to
throw a baseball into your mitt.
Made of leather, made of grit and
softened with sweat over the years.
You must try it! To know, you
have to try it yourself,
stand up there and twist.
Chubby Checker was a pop star
rivaling Beethoven for a NY minute.
But Beethoven
plays catcher,
calls the shots,
dreams big.
You pitch one
at a time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Submit to the barber
look good when you go in there
or they won’t give you a good one.
You can’t be serious
you’re coming from hell
on a pogostick
down a yellow brick road
looking for red shoes.
Nullified by uglies.
The worker knows all
but can’t find the right words.
Homeless now orange road
red hot coals
ashes in her heart
my heart
without words.
You’re heart-less
without words.
I like it shaggy
I say sheepishly.
Cut cut snip snip sweep sweep
pay pay ...
He drifts and bumps into
large objects, walks silently
out into the street.
No comments:
Post a Comment