Sunday, October 22, 2023

All Roads

 The next day in a hell of my own allowing.
Hanging out with the smiley crowd
but I haven’t got a smile.
It dropped on the street
out on the way to horizons of steel on rubber
all roads lead to Rome
tweak that til it rhymes but not evenly.

It must be poetry
the only place that slides right
everyone talking at the same time
don’t gun it for the shadows
if you haven’t heard yet
about the real world.

I don’t know what I’m saying
about the real world
which is unforgetable usually.
Not a story unless you’re into it.
What is your story?

I met the person
I needed to meet once but
didn’t realize it. At least I never forgot.
I remember them now in a blur
of 20th Century cliffhangers.
Relax, relax! be yourself
right before the execution of
the right paperwork.
That’s all I got
riding the wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment