Tuesday, July 2, 2024

USA Crazier


 

    USA Crazier
and it isn’t any use
being against anything!
but fill it in,
fill it in, that’s it.
The worker has work
to do, that’s it.
The musician has music
to make, that’s all,
the actor has acts
to create from their own blood.

If I keep something by my side
for long enough it may wear off
on me, the blood may change.
I can forget coffee,
forget the habits of the past.
The one is nearby,
the vocal one.
I knew I’d find something
to say, to have said
already. Am I ready?

The American family knows but forgets,
just by osmosis knows but
forgets unless they weep
or pray, and acts to
create are what’s new.
I think I’ve heard
that said, a non dream
state in a crystal ball
that floats in from
another room in a place
where the family
has lived for a long time.
The crystal ball!
The crystal ball,
I knew but I
wasn’t paying attention.

His loneliness.

Her childlike loneliness.

Special, you’re always
special. When you’re
growing up, you don’t know
but you do feel it and
then later, in the repetition
things can appear, in the voices
of tomorrow, unknown,
American things.
    - Not the right stuff
    or the wrong stuff.
    Loneliness for the 20th Century.
    (Wouldn’t you like to do that
    all over again, create a different
    ending?)

No comments:

Post a Comment