Wednesday, August 19, 2026

As if there was all the time in the world

 As if there was all the time in the world
as if there were no lines to wait in
as if my mind with mud wasn’t filled
and about to explode or implode in

to itself that dream will never come true
to itself going round like no tomorrow
to itself moments end & never continue
to itself the world is filled with sorrow

I’m running backwards I see the past now
I’m seeing faces that have always been gone now
through tears that come hard and fast now
I’m seeing faces that are up there in heaven now

They’re looking down I know they’re smiling
They’re looking down and they forgive all
They hold me, they’re not controlling
They’ve seen worse but also the beautiful

The ancestors know that its all passed down
& the struggle for goodness and joy is here
& those who deny it are missing the sound
of a cosmic song ringing in this inner…

Ear…

No comments:

Post a Comment